IDNT Mini Projects Week #2

This week’s mini projects continued to be helpful, and efficient ways to use technology. These technologies once again would be very easy to adapt for students’ use for different projects and assignments. For my mini projects this week I chose the timeline by Time Toast and the Google Trek. As far as the mini projects offered this week I thought that both of these would have good use in a social studies classroom.

Time Toast Timelines present material in a concise and clear way and allow for extra information to be linked. I like how you can choose multiple presentation styles. This would be a classic social studies classroom activity with a spin on it. This would be a great way once again for students to review dates for exams and see visually how one event leads to another. I do not always think that dates need to be obsessed over in a history classroom, but for the important dates I think that a Time Toast timeline would be a great way for students to learn.

For a while now I have thought that Google was going to take over the world and I think that Google Trek is further evidence of that. As a future educator, I love Google and all of the helpful products that they offer. Google Trek would be a great way for students to map out things. Or to create their own interpretation of something that they have learned in class. It would be VERY helpful for a geography unit and for when we are talking about current events. I know that some people despise Google, but I am so thankful for its helpfulness as an educator.

These mini projects have been very helpful and have opened my eyes to so many more technologies that I can use in my classroom. I think that the mini-projects is a great title for it since so many of these projects take such a short time to produce. I will be putting these to use in my future classroom.

Tags: , , ,